Barbecue catering menu
Minimum charges apply for BBQ catering, which includes crockery, cutlery, serviettes, bread, butter and food2u condiments.
Price is $32 per person.
Mains – choose three items
- Grilled Tasmanian quail with rosemary and thyme
- Thai prawn cakes
- House made lamb kofta with mint yoghurt
- Ziggy’s Bratwurst sausages
- Tasmanian salmon cutlets, Cajun style with cucumber and yoghurt raita
- Whole grilled squid filled with fetta and parsley risotto, tamarind glaze
- Sticky pork ribs with sweet plum BBQ sauce
- Chicken and chorizo kebabs
- Crispy Malay chicken with cucumber
- Vegetable kebabs with mushrooms, eggplant, red capsicum and tomato served with pesto
- Porterhouse steaks ($2.50 extra)
Salads – choose three items
- Asian slaw with mint, coriandier with lime dressing
- Green bean, mushroom and almond
- Eggplant, zucchini and chickpea with falafel and yoghurt
- Pink eye potatoes with sherry vinaigrette, black pepper and parsley
- Spinach, walnut and crispy bacon
- Tabouli with quinoa, tomato, parsley, mint
- Greek salad
- French provincial salad – mixed salad leaves with sun dried tomatoes, green olives, soft boiled eggs, croutons and French dressing
- Caesar – cos lettuce, bacon, croutons, parmesan and anchovies
- Potato, egg and crispy bacon
- Russian – potato, carrot, beetroot and peas
- Waldorf – celery, apple and walnuts
- Green leaf with avocado and mushrooms
Desserts – choose two items
- A wonderful trifle made with genoise, custard and poached fruits
- Pear and quince tart served with burnt orange cream
- Hazelnut meringue layered with chocolate mousse served with coffee crème Anglaise
- Mille feuille of caramelised pastry with oranges and caramel custard
- Orange and almond cake – gluten free
- Chocolate mousse gateau – dark chocolate mousse layered in between chocolate genoise
- Baked lemon tart
- Chocolate and orange tart
- Individual summer puddings
- Cheese and fruit, served with food2u crisp bread ($2.50 extra)
Extra charges apply for weekends – 15% surcharge for Saturdays and 20% surcharge for Sundays and public holidays.
- Chef $45/hour Monday – Friday, add 50% to hourly rate for weekends and public holidays.
- Senior waiting staff $45/hour Monday – Friday, add 50% to hourly rate for weekends and public holidays.
- Junior staff $35/hour Monday – Friday, add 50% to hourly rate for weekends and public holidays.
It was lovely, fresh and unique.